To celebrate the wonderful weather we are having this summer, all throughout August we want to bring you lots of fun, colourful and summery recipes to try out, all family friendly, to help keep the kids busy this school holidays, so this week’s ‘make it Monday’ is an adapted version of our basic bath bomb recipe. It’s a great way to play around with more than one colour in your bath bombs whilst experimenting with funkier shapes.
Scented with a fresh and fruity fragrance, these Starfish bath bombs are a great way to bring summer indoors and to make your bathroom smell yummy too!
What you will need:
- 300g Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Citric Acid
- 10ml Mango and Papaya Fragrance
- 5g Caribbean Yellow Coated Mica
- 5g Ocean Blue Coated Mica
- 5g Amethyst Coated Mica
- Weigh out the Bicarb and Citric in to one of your bowls
- Using your hands, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together. Rub away any lumps that may have formed with your fingertips.
- Measure out and add 10ml of Fragrance.
- Similar to step 2, use your hands to blend the fragrance in to the dry ingredients.
- Divide your ingredients equally between the 3 bowls.
- Next, a little pinch at a time, add one of the coated mica colourants to one of your bowls of the mixture. By doing this a little a time, you can determine how bright you want your bath bombs to be.
- Repeat this with your other two bowls of bath bomb mixture. You should then be left with 3 bowls of 3 different coloured mixtures.
- Using your water spray bottle, give each bowl a spray or two as required. *ONLY ADD ENOUGH WATER TO HAVE THE MIXTURE START TO HOLD TOGETHER WHEN LIGHTLY SQUEEZED IN YOUR HAND*
- Now grab your mould and randomly place a bit of each mixture in to the mould until completely full
- Use your fingers or palms to pack the bath bomb mixture in tight.
- Leave your starfish bath bombs to dry in their moulds for a couple of hours or until they are hard enough to remove.
- Voila! A fruity smelling, colourful and funky Starfish bath bomb!