It’s great to see that a continuing trend for 2019 is reducing packaging and it seems that some of the big perfume powerhouses are getting in on the action too. The way perfume is applied is becoming more creative, look out for perfumed powders, solid sticks, cushions and tissues.
As I child I remember having solid perfume, well its time for the 80’s novelty to make a sophisticated comeback.
Here is a really easy way to make a pocket sized solid perfume, great to make as a mother’s day gift, personalise it with your Mother’s favourite fragrance! These solid perfume’s can also be more popular with eczema sufferers.
- Weighing scales
- Heatproof jug or bowl
- Suitable containers
- Pipette or measuring spoon
- 30g Cocoa butter
- 15g Olive Wax
- 45g Sweet Almond Oil
- 6ml perfume/fragrance oils
- There are loads of designer inspired fragrances to choose from here
- Weigh the cocoa butter and wax and place into a heat proof bowl or jug
- Place bowl over a saucepan of hot water and gently heat until all have melted.
- Once melted, remove from the heat, add the sweet almond oil and mix together
- (you may find the oil causes the melted oils to solidify, don’t worry, just give it a stir and they should melt again. If not just gently heat again)
- Add your chosen fragrance
- Pour into suitable containers, leave to cool and then add a lid.
This recipe should be enough to fill 6 x 15ml tins so if you want to change fragrances rather than having all 6 the same, pour the melted oil and wax mixture into the tins then add 1ml of fragrance to the tin and gently stir.
Why not add another little touch, download our label design and add it to your tin (ours is 31x31mm but can be printed any size)