This is a great simple recipe, using a mix of melt and pour soap bases, perfect if you want to make a soap that has lots of lovely additives, easily with no fuss.
To get this beautiful creamy orange soap we mixed equal amounts of crystal carrot, cucumber and aloe soap base with crystal oatmeal and shea white melt and pour soap base
Both soap bases are vegetable derived, are peg free, paraben free, and provide excellent skin feel due to the high glycerine content.
Crystal carrot, cucumber and aloe, is made using carrot oil, cucumber seed oil and aloe vera it contains all the vitamins and nutrients found in these oils, such as omega-6 from cold pressed cucumber seed oil.
Rich in beta carotene (it’s the beta carotene that give it its beautiful natural orange colour), pro-vitamin A and vitamins E, B1 & C. The antioxidant properties of soothing aloe vera are effective for treating dry skin, it also helps ease acne, eczema, and rashes.
Crystal oatmeal and shea, as the name suggests this lovely soap base combines natural oatmeal and nourishing shea butter. The oatmeal is suspended in the based and its gentle exfoliating properties helps remove dead skin cells, helps ease acne, eczema, rosacea and rashes is high in vitamin E, D & pro-vitamin A. Well known for its soothing, emollient properties, shea butter is increasingly popular as an ingredient owing to its superior skincare properties.
Heat proof bowl
- Measure out equal amounts of the two soap bases ( you could use different ratios if you wanted a more translucent soap)
- Cut into small chunks, to make it easier to melt
- Pop into a heat proof bowl or jug that is suitable for use in a microwave
- Melt in a microwave in 30 second blasts. You want the base to be just melted but not overly hot. Leaving a few un-melted solid pieces is fine, just stir gently until they are fully melted. (If you don’t want to use a microwave melt using the double boiler method)
- Once melted you can add fragrance if you want. We recommend adding 2% essential or fragrance oils and stir well ensuring the fragrance is evenly distributed throughout the soap base.
- Pour into your soap mould and add leave to set. Then all that is left to do is slice your loaf into bars.