Lemon and poppy seeds are a classic combination, the refreshing smell of lemon is great to wake you up and the poppy seeds provide a gentle exfolient to remove dead skin cells.
To make these pretty little soaps with exfolient additions you’ll need to use a suspending soap base to ensure your poppy seeds don’t sink to the bottom. We’ve used the new swirl base from Zeni. It is nice and gentle with no SLS but still produces a good moisturising foam. It is great for producing coloured swirls but is also suspending so great for adding botanicals and exfolients.
400g – White Swirl Zeni Soap Base
8ml – Lemon Fizz Fragrance (Non Discolouring)
1tsp – Poppy seeds
If you want a super scrubby bar add more poppy seeds.
You’ll also need;
Heat proof bowl
Mould (we used our Silicone Mould for making 4 mixed shape soaps)
- Cut the soap base into small chunks, to make it easier to melt
- Pop into a heat proof bowl or jug that is suitable for use in a microwave(If you don’t want to use a microwave melt using the double boiler method)
- Melt in a microwave in 30 second blasts. You want the base to be just melted but not overly hot. Leaving a few un-melted solid pieces is fine, just stir gently until they are fully melted.
- Once melted add the lemon fragrance oil and stir well ensuring the fragrance is evenly distributed throughout the soap base.
- Next add the poppy seeds and again mix well.
- Pour into your soap mould and leave to set.