Create your own texturising sea salt spray to effortlessly achieve that ocean kissed, wavy, mermaid style hair – no one needs know that you haven’t been on the beach all day!
- 500ml – Deoinised water (warmed)
- 25g Peg 40 Hydrogenated castor oil
- 5ml Essential or Fragrance Oil ( we used Lotus White tea Fragrance)
- 4 Tbsp tablespoons epsom salts (or more for extra texture)
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt (optional but adds stiffness)
- Suitable containers and closures. We used 2 x 250ml Boston dumpy bottles and mini trigger sprays
Gently warm the deionised water, it doesn’t need to be boiling but the salt dissolves much easier in warm water.
Add the Epsom salt and sea salt, mix well until the salt has dissolved.
Gently warm the Peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil until it is just liquid
Add your essential/fragrance oil to the melted castor oil and mix well.
Add the salt water mix to the oil mix and stir well until the oils have completely dispersed into the water (homogenised)
Allow to cool slightly and then pour into your chosen containers and seal.
How to Use
Spray on damp hair and scrunch with a towel to dry for loose beach waves.
Spray on dry hair and on roots for volume and texture without the waves.
Mermaid Salt Spray Label
Print off a label to keep on your bottle so it doesn’t get lost of confused for something else. Click the text below for the correct sized pdf label (76 x 42 mm)