A mild and creamy body scrub with Papaya seed oil, fine exfoliating dendritic salt and fruit powders.
Made with OPC foaming bath butter, a mild and moisturising formulation that is rich in glycerine, Paraben and MPG Free, it produces a creamy lather with fantastic levels of foam.
Used as an exfoliant in this recipe Star Flake® Dendritic Salt is a high purity, fine food grade salt formed in porous, star-shaped modified cubes, as well as its gentle exfoliating properties it has a greater surface area than other salts which means the fragrance (or essential oil) and colour absorbs better.
Papaya seed oil is easily absorbed and adds excellent conditioning properties to the skin. It also contains the enzyme papain, which helps dissolve excess sebum and impurities on the skin, gently removes dead skin cells and can be used on oily or problem skin. It is rich in the omega 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, vitamins A and C and Potassium
Fruit powders are made from spray-dried fruit extracts and as well as adding beautiful natural colour they also contain skin boosting nutrients and vitamins.
Apricot it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. Perfect for any type of skin. Gives fresh apricot scent and skin refreshing properties.
Pineapples contain the fruit enzyme ‘bromelain’ which functions as a skin conditioning and lytic agent; it exfoliates and to soothes inflamed, sore skin.
5ml Papaya Seed Oil
- Cut the Crystal OPC Foaming Bath Butter soap base into smaller cubes to make it easier to whip.
- Add to a large bowl and add the papaya seed oil and essential/fragrance oil and using an electric whisk whip until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salt and fruit powders, then add to the whipped base.
- Begin to whip the powder and base gently, gradually increasing the speed until completely mixed.
- Spoon into suitable containers
Massage a small amount of body scrub onto damp skin then rinse off.