- 300g Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Citric Acid
- 10ml Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil of your choice (For this we used Black Plum and Rhubarb)
- Colour – We used Black Coated Mica. Be sure to use a coated mica, as this is will ensure it will not stick to the sides of the tub.
- A large mixing bowl
- One of our Diamond Bath Bomb Moulds
- Kitchen scales
- A hand sprayer containing clean cold water
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid until it is of a smooth consistency.
- Then add your colourant until you get the desired colour. Remember, colours tend to become more vivid when they meet water.
- Blend the colour thoroughly. Then add 10ml of your fragrance. Ensuring to mix thoroughly, and work fast as it will start to set.
- Now a little at a time, spritz with water until you get the desired consistency. To know when it is ready to set, squeeze a little of the mixture in your hand to see if it JUST holds together.
- Once at this point, it is time to make you bombs. Compress the mixture into the moulds. Fill each side of the mould and press together firmly to allow them to stick. TIP: Add a little excess mixture on the top of one-half of the mould to help them stick together.
- Now all you need to do is leave them to set. This usually takes 20-30 minutes!
Now all there is to do is enjoy a long, dark, soak in the tub!
You can watch our Black Diamond Bath Bomb in action here.